Core-Mark Merchandise Associate in Chico, California
As a Merchandise Associate, you will report to the Merchandise Supervisor. Your will be working in our customer retail locations and responsible for the maintenance and execution of our Mojo & SmartStock Programs. Activities include but are not limited to tote to rack merchandising, display rack assembly, plan-o-gram execution, rotating product, overall merchandising services. Your professionalism and business execution are critical contributions to driving business forward for our customers, vendors, and ourselves.
• Maintaining a detailed and specific call routine with a designated ledger of customers.
• Communicating daily with Merchandise Supervisor to gain updated guidance on program execution.
• Maintenance & execution of the Mojo & SmartStock program (racks/plan-o-gram/ordering, merchandising activities.
• Identifying and reducing out-of-stocks on shelves.
• Ensuring products are fresh and within date code parameters.
• Attending to customer needs and concerns in a timely manner.
• Ensuring plan-o-gram, marketing best practices, and compliance in stores.
• Identifying display opportunities and maximizing display positioning.
• Ensuring that products are properly displayed, priced, and identified.
• Finding solutions to possible customer challenges with assistance.
• Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
• High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
• Ability to drive to customer locations using personal transportation (mileage and gasoline reimbursement will be provided).
• Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable vehicle, and proper valid insurance.
• Must have valid insurance that meets minimum requirements per state law.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to use and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions.
• Ability to learn how to operate a hand-held inventory control device, calculators, and computer.
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office programs such as Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to perform math calculations.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
• Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs.
occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
• Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
• Physical ability to stand and walk frequently and be able to drive for a significant period. of time
• Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.
At Core-Mark, we know your power comes from your overall well-being and the well-being of your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that supports the health of you and your family. As a part of our family, your benefit offerings include:
Highly Competitive Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
Health Savings & Flexible Spending Accounts
Core-Benefits: Life,Disability,& Employee Assistance Program paid by Core-Mark
Work/Life Balance: Sick Leave, Vacation Time and Holidays
Financial Wellness: 401(k) Plan, Group Voluntary Benefits, Pet Insurance, Commuter Benefit, Employee Discounts, & Scholarship Opportunities for children of employees